One of the hallmarks of great classrooms and schools is a culture of excellence, which students embody in everything they do. Whether students are raising hands, passing papers, annotating texts, or participating in a discussion, they know how to do it, and they do it well. This excellence is often built on a foundation of well-taught procedures and systems that, with repetition and consistency, become routines—actions that students do automatically and with little-to-no teacher prompting.
Join Doug Lemov, Erica Woolway, Darryl Williams, and Kim Griffith to prepare to deliver excellent training to your staff on System and Routines. You’ll leave the workshop equipped to train teachers in the techniques that champion teachers use to design, install, and maintain strong Systems and Routines.
As a result of our ongoing study of schools, we’ll be offering new content and videos on the importance and synergy between Academic, Behavioral and Cultural systems. In response to feedback from previous Systems and Routines workshop participants, we’ve made two revisions to this workshop: (1) We’ve extended it from one day to two days so that we can present our new content. (2) We’ve set aside the afternoon of Day 2 for extended action planning with direct support from the facilitation team. We think these changes will enable teams to collaborate and leave Tarrytown with a stronger implementation plan for when they return to their schools.
YOU WILL GAIN:
- An understanding and vision for rolling out the academic, behavioral, and cultural systems that drive student engagement and achievement across classrooms
- Insights on the effective application of Systems and Routine techniques by champion teachers and leaders to create school wide systems that maximize student engagement and achievement
- An understanding of the importance of practicing new techniques with teachers and a framework for how to effectively practice and rollout Systems and Routines
- Practice activities that will strengthen teachers’ capacity to apply effective Systems and Routines techniques in their classrooms to create strong classroom cultures
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program with support from the facilitation team in our extended planning session on Day 2.
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques that enable teachers to design, install, transfer ownership, and maintain Systems and Routines
- Effective modeling and coaching during practice in order to help get teachers to mastery of the techniques
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Schools that purchase the Implementation Toolkit License will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Our Systems and Routines Plug and Play—a ready-to-use training, to use with your staff that includes a Power Point with embedded video and participant handouts
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned planning, coaching, and implementation tools to support building and sustaining strong Systems and Routines.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops are delivered using a “Train the Trainer” model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders, deans and/or teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.