We define a School Culture Leader as the individual who creates a strong, vibrant school culture in which students thrive. Though many schools have a Dean of Students, the role goes by other names as well: Assistant Principal, a House or Hall Principal, Dean of Culture—it can even be the job of the Principal herself. Whatever the name it takes in a given school, the School Culture Leader’s (SCL) role is vital to student and teacher success. It entails ensuring that all classrooms have a foundation of positive behavior to enable rigorous and engaging academic instruction to thrive. The SCL’s role ensures that everyone participates in a positive culture.
Designed for Fall/Winter 2020
As schools prepare and respond to the demands of reestablishing and/or strengthening their schools’ culture in 2020-2021, we are offering a series of remote sessions designed to build the capacity of School Culture Leaders, Deans, Assistant Principals and/or their managers to lead strong school culture. Each session will be conducted via Zoom and includes pre-work, study of exemplar video, technique notes, practice activities to build capacity and post-session exercises to keep the learning alive. We will cap this workshop at 35 participants to maximize engagement and practice.
YOU WILL GAIN:
- Insights into the effective application of techniques by school culture leaders
- Practice activities that will strengthen school culture leaders’ capacity to apply effective techniques in their schools
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Crucial culture-building moments that deans own including: Public Deaning, Private Deaning, Family Communication and Systems & Routines
- Effective coaching during practice to help school culture leaders master the techniques
SESSION SERIES DATES:
The session dates and times are as follows:
- Day 1: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 5:00pm – 6:30pm EST
- Day 2: Friday, December 4, 2020, 3:30pm – 5:00pm EST
- Day 3: Monday, December 7, 2020, 5:00pm – 6:30pm EST
- Day 4: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 5:00pm – 6:30pm EST
- Day 5: Friday, December 11, 2020, 3:30pm – 5:00pm EST
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop is for school culture leaders, deans, and other key personnel who shape and build school cultures.
In addition to our interactive learning sessions, cohort participants who choose to license the materials can also expect the following resources:
- Access to a selection of session videos, PPTs, participant handouts, practice activities and our entire School Culture Leader/Deans PD implementation suite upon purchasing the licensing agreement.
- Access to sample lessons from our Dean of Students curriculum with a signed Pilot Partnership Agreement
- Optional: 30-minute follow-up call to answer your questions or provide feedback on your ideas for implementation of the content back at your schools
- Training Fee: $750 ($100 non-refundable deposit per person is required to register, applied towards your final invoice)
- Optional fee for licensed materials: $1,000 (Upgrade/Renewal is $300.00 if you have previously purchased our DOS material)