These sessions are designed to prepare teachers to successfully implement each of the three components of the Read-Write-Discuss cycle that is foundational to Reading Reconsidered Curriculum lessons. Each session will include video study, rich discussion, and practice.
- Ways of Reading: FASE Reading (formerly called Control the Game), Accountable Independent Reading, and Annotation
- Three Types of Writing: Developmental, Formative, and Summative
- Discussion, Show Call, and Revision
This workshop will consist of three 90-minute online sessions over the course of three weeks (Week 1: November 9, 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST; Week 2: November 16, 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST; Week 3: November 23, 3:00pm– 4:30pm EST). This workshop is designed to support teachers who are currently teaching the Reading Reconsidered Curriculum in a ”brick and mortar” setting.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
As in our regular Train the Trainer workshops, schools will have the option to purchase an Implementation Toolkit License. The school leader will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, including:
- PowerPoint deck used in the webinar
- All video clips shown
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This webinar is designed for teachers who will be teaching the Reading Reconsidered Curriculum on their campus. Please be aware that this will be an interactive session for all participants. We will ask you to be visible on your cameras and to participate by discussing with colleagues, sharing responses (sometimes in writing) to videos and reflection questions, and practicing.
DATES & TIME:
This workshop is a series of three sessions over the course of three weeks. Participants should plan to attend all sessions:
- November 9, 2021: 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST
- November 16, 2021: 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST
- November 23, 2021: 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST