A Train the Trainer Program
for Online Teaching & Remote Professional Development
In our conversations with partners across the country, we’ve learned that most schools will continue providing remote instruction for much of the school year, even as they anticipate phased re-opening in the Spring. Additionally, for the foreseeable future, many partners report that they will continue to provide PD for teachers remotely rather than in-person. The Facilitator Preparation Cycle—is designed to meet both of these needs.
In December we completed our first Facilitator Preparation Cycle, bringing together 28 cohort members from 11 organizations to study remote teaching and prepare to facilitate adult learning back at their schools. The response was overwhelmingly positive, so we are excited to provide a second opportunity to facilitate learning among a talented cohort of leaders for additional districts, networks, and schools.
The goals of the Facilitator Preparation Cycle are:
- To increase the quality of online teaching broadly by preparing instructional leaders to deliver, adapt and support the Teach Like Champion Team’s online workshop content within their own schools and networks
- To model and build capacity for instructional leaders to deliver engaging, dynamic, inclusive PD remotely (whether it’s TLAC-based PD or any other instructional priority)
In the Facilitator Preparation Cycle, we use our remote learning webinar content as the vehicle for modeling effective remote PD for adults. In the webinars, participants study, analyze, and discuss video of exemplary online teaching. The content is designed to help teachers:
- Master six Means of Participation–inclusive and engaging procedures that ensure active student participation and dynamic online classes.
- Understand and unlock synergies between synchronous and asynchronous modes of instruction.
Over the course of the training, participants will study this content, practice and receive feedback on facilitation, and prepare ongoing implementation support for their respective schools.
At the conclusion of this experience, facilitators will be licensed to facilitate trainings within their organizations.
WHAT TO EXPECT
These will be interactive sessions in which we seek to model many of the techniques we describe for synchronous online learning so participants can experience them from a students’ perspective. In addition to participating actively in the sessions with cameras on, participants should prepare for a small amount of asynchronous work between sessions to build their capacity to facilitate the content within their organization. In the final sessions, participants will be working in breakout rooms to deliver components of the sessions and receive feedback from cohort members and the Teach Like a Champion Team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This webinar is designed for leaders or lead teachers, ideally in teams of two or three who will be responsible for demonstrating and leading training on effective teaching for colleagues at their campus and within their organization.
The Facilitator Preparation Cycle will unfold over 4 sessions:
Session 1: February 2, 2021, 4:00pm–5:45pm EST
Session 2: February 4, 2021, 4:00pm–5:45pm EST
Session 3: February 9, 2021, 4:00pm–5:45pm EST
Session 4: February 11, 2021, 4:00pm–5:45pm EST
- Training Fee: $1500 per person
- Licensing: Will vary depending on the number of schools in the organization and how it will be used. (The cost is $500 per school). The license provides the organization all needed materials (PPT, videos, additional learning activities and resources) to lead this content within their organization.