The purpose in creating classrooms with strong cultures is to enable rigorous and engaging academic instruction to thrive. Join facilitators Doug Lemov, Hilary Lewis, Darryl Williams, and Kim Griffith to prepare to deliver excellent training on seven high impact behavioral and cultural techniques from Teach Like a Champion 2.0. This practice-intensive workshop provides instructional leaders with the tools to deliver high quality training and to drive results.
As a result of our collaboration with a variety of U.K. schools over the past 18 months, we’re excited to share video from U.K. classrooms in this workshop.
YOU WILL GAIN:
- An understanding of proven teaching skills that drive student achievement
- Insights when describing the effective application of techniques by champion teachers
- An understanding of the importance of practicing new techniques with teachers
- A framework for what makes practice effective
- Practice activities that will strengthen teachers’ capacity to apply effective techniques in their classrooms
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques including 100%, What to Do, Systems and Routines, Strong Voice, Do It Again, Positive Framing, and Precise Praise.
- Effective coaching during practice in order to help get teachers to mastery of the techniques
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Schools that purchase the license will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops are a “Train the Trainer” model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders, deans, and/or teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.
Payment must be made in advance for this workshop. The workshop attendance fee is £640.00 per person. Licensing fee is £640.00 per school.