The purpose in creating classrooms with strong cultures is to enable rigorous and engaging academic instruction to thrive. Join members of the TLAC team to prepare to deliver excellent training on high impact behavioral and culture techniques from Teach Like a Champion 3.0 (releasing Summer 2021!). This practice-intensive workshop provides instructional leaders with the tools to deliver high quality training and to drive results. Our remote PD delivery will prepare you to lead your own remote or in-person training.
YOU WILL GAIN:
- An understanding of proven teaching skills that drive student achievement
- An understanding of the importance of practicing new techniques with teachers and a framework for what makes practice effective
- Practice activities that will strengthen teachers’ capacity to apply effective techniques in their classrooms
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program
- A model for PD delivery that can be done remotely or in-person
ADAPTED FOR REMOTE LEARNING:
Our regular Train the Trainer workshop are two 8-hour days of intense training. For the remote version of this workshop, we’ve spread the learning out a bit more based on research on adult learning. Each synchronous workshop will consist of five 90-minute online sessions over the course of two weeks. These will be supported by up to 60 minutes of asynchronous learning activities (including, but not limited, to pre/post readings, video analysis, and practice). Although the workshop content is for supporting teachers for when we return to the “brick-and-mortar” world, one of our objectives will be to model interactive online training, so participants can “live the learning” in case they will need to deliver this training remotely to colleagues. The combination of synchronous and asynchronous activities will optimize both learning and engagement and can be applied to all remote PD.
The workshops will follow a format similar to our in-person workshops: video study, rich discussion and lots of practice. We will use a variety of online engagement techniques on zoom including breakout rooms, chats, and leveraging google docs in ways that you can then adapt to use in your own PD. Group sizes will be small—groups of less than 35 educators facilitated by a 2-person TLAC team—so that we can maximize engagement and, of course, practice.
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques including 100%, What to Do, Systems and Routines, Strong Voice, Do It Again, Precise Praise and Positive Framing
- Effective coaching during practice in order to help teachers master the techniques
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
As in our regular Train-the-Trainer workshops, schools will have the option to purchase the Implementation Toolkit License. The school leader will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops follow a Train the Trainer model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver training on Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques back at their schools. This workshop will be the first launch of TLAC 3.0 upgrades! Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.
DATES AND TIME:
This workshop is a series of 5 sessions spread over two weeks. Participants should plan to attend all sessions:
- Tuesday, June 15, 2:00pm-3:30pm EST
- Thursday, June 17, 2:00pm-3:30pm EST
- Tuesday, June 22, 2:00pm-3:30pm EST
- Wednesday, June 23, 2:00pm-3:30pm EST
- Thursday, June 24, 2:00pm-3:30pm EST
Please be aware that this will be an interactive session for all participants. We will ask you to be visible on your cameras and to participate by discussing with colleagues, sharing responses(sometimes in writing) to videos and reflection questions, and practicing.