Our outstanding first cohort of Teach Like a Champion Fellows
We’ve selected our second cohort!
After we received nominations from all over the country, we reviewed written and video application materials, hosted one-on-one video meetings, and lead a final in-person Immersion Day. We were fortunate to “get to know” almost 100 amazing teachers from district, charter, and parochial schools spanning multiple grade levels and content areas in more than 20 states.
For us the process was both joyous and heart wrenching—we had to say no to many exceptional teachers doing incredible work for their students and communities, but we were inspired by the insight and talent of all the teachers who applied.
Thus it is with great excitement that we share with you the nine Fellows we selected. In the coming months you’ll get to know them more through their videos and writing, but here’s a quick preview of where they’re from and what they teach.
- Alonte Johnson, 7th Grade ELA, Kings Collegiate, Brooklyn, NY
- Ashley LaGrassa, 8th Grade ELA, Rochester Prep West Middle School, Rochester, NY
- Carla Seeger, 8th Grade Math, Amistad Academy, New Haven, CT
- Denarius Frazier, 11th Grade/Pre-Calculus, Uncommon Collegiate Charter High School, Brooklyn, NY
- Jennifer Crucetti, 1st Grade, Abram Lansing Elementary, Cohoes, NY
- John Burmeister, Music, Troy Prep Elementary School, Troy, NY
- Sadie McCleary, 10th Grade Chemistry, Uncommon Collegiate Charter High School, Brooklyn, NY
- Samara Levy, 9th Grade Algebra, Livingston Collegiate Academy, New Orleans, LA
- Tamesha McGuire, Kindergarten, Kings Elementary School, Brooklyn, NY
We’re thrilled to get to collaborate with this outstanding group of educators. We know we’ll learn a ton from their excellence and think you will too.
Purpose of the Teach Like a Champion Fellowship
The Teach Like a Champion Fellowship is designed to recognize, support, and develop outstanding classroom teachers. By providing an opportunity for champion teachers to grow professionally while remaining in the classroom, we will increase our collective understanding of great teaching while celebrating the craft of these exemplary teachers.
- To strengthen the quality of teaching in participating schools, districts, and/or networks by seeding them with champion teachers who can model excellence in day-to-day teaching
- To honor top teachers and offer them a career option that recognizes the importance of remaining in the classroom
- To develop video clips of champion teachers executing TLAC techniques which can be used to improve teacher training
- To learn more about TLAC techniques from the experiences of top teachers across subjects and grade levels
For more information, please contact email@example.com