One of the hallmarks of great classrooms and schools is a culture of excellence, which students embody in everything they do. Whether students are raising hands, passing papers, annotating texts, or participating in a discussion, they know how to do it, and they do it well. This excellence is often built on a foundation of well-taught procedures and systems that, with repetition and consistency, become routines – actions that students do automatically and with little-to-no teacher prompting.
For the first time ever, we are offering a one day workshop on Systems and Routines. Join facilitators Doug Lemov, Erica Woolway, Colleen Driggs, and Hilary Lewis to prepare to deliver excellent training to your staff on System and Routines. You’ll leave the workshop equipped to train teachers in the techniques that champion teachers use to design, install, and maintain Systems and Routines.
YOU WILL GAIN:
- An understanding and vision for rolling out the academic, behavioral, and cultural systems that drive student engagement and achievement across classrooms
- Insights on the effective application of Systems and Routine techniques by champion teachers and leaders to create school wide systems that maximize student engagement and achievement
- An understanding of the importance of practicing new techniques with teachers and a framework for how to effectively practice and rollout Systems and Routines
- Practice activities that will strengthen teachers’ capacity to apply effective Systems and Routines techniques in their classrooms to create strong classroom cultures
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques that enable teachers to design, install, transfer ownership, and maintain Systems and Routines
- Effective modeling and coaching during practice in order to help get teachers to mastery of the techniques
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Attendees will leave prepared with the video clips discussed at the workshop, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Our Systems and Routines Plug and Play – our Ready-to-use training that includes a Power Point with embedded video and participant handouts
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops are delivered using a “Train the Trainer” model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders, deans and/or teachers in order to build capacity within school teams to lead and implement Teach Like a Champion techniques back at their schools.