Teachers across the country have been asked to shift to unfamiliar and challenging forms of instruction where they are distant from their students and interact remotely. And yet students need to connect with their teachers and be actively engaged in learning. Students need us, now more than ever, to be outstanding.
In this highly interactive 90-minute introductory webinar we’ll share with you clips from the online classes of real teachers. We’ll identify and discuss principles from these examples to help you adapt your own or your staff’s teaching as successfully as possible.
TOPICS WE WILL DISCUSS:
- Using procedures and routines to build efficiency and to help students succeed
- Balancing synchronous and asynchronous instructional methods
- Including “pause points” to allow students to interact and engage in content–in both forms of learning–and to ensure healthy accountability
- “Dissolving the Screen” to make students feel more connected
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This will be an interactive session in which we seek to model many of the techniques we describe for synchronous online learning so participants can experience them from a students’ perspective. With that in mind we are limiting the group size to 25 we can maximize engagement and ask that you remain visible on your camera and participate actively in discussions. (If you prefer not to do so, please know that a recording of an earlier version of the webinar is available on our blog).
As in our regular Train the Trainer workshops, schools will have the option to purchase an Implementation Toolkit License. The school leader will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, including:
- PowerPoint deck used in the webinar
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This webinar is designed for leaders or lead teachers, ideally in teams of two or three who will be responsible for demonstrating and leading training on effective teaching for colleagues at their campus. To ensure access to the greatest number of schools, we ask that schools don’t take all of the seats for a particular session.
For schools, districts, or networks interested in having us train their teams directly, please email email@example.com with details: Name of school(s), dates when you’d want training, # of teachers to be trained.
- Friday, August 28, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Monday, August 31, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Friday, September 4, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Wednesday, September 9, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Thursday, September 10, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Friday, September 11, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Friday, September 11, 1:00-2:30pm EST
- Monday, September 14, 3:30-5:00pm EST
- Wednesday, September 16, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Thursday, September 17, 8:00-9:30pm EST
- Friday, September 18, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Friday, September 25, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Tuesday, September 29, 10:00-11:30am EST
- Training Fee: $150 per person
- $200/school for the licensed materials