To ensure all students succeed academically, champion teachers deliver instruction that maximizes Ratio, both the number of students who actively participate and the depth of the thinking they do. Achieving rigor for all students is essential for opening the doors of university and career. Join Doug Lemov and his team to prepare to deliver high quality training on Ratio.
In the past year, we’ve learned so much from studying how great teachers build Ratio that we’ve expanded our one day workshop into two full days. The workshop examines in depth three pathways teachers can follow to increase breadth of participation and depth of thinking: Writing, Discussion, and Questioning. Participants will leave equipped to train teachers on how to achieve the twin goals of all students participating fully and all students thinking deeply.
YOU WILL GAIN:
- A framework for analyzing student engagement in a classroom—Participation Ratio and Think Ratio.
- An understanding of the critical role of knowledge–the content pre-requisite–in achieving Ratio
- Practice activities that will broaden teachers’ capacity to increase breadth and depth of participation in their classrooms
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques to increase Ratio through writing: Everybody Writes, Art of the Sentence, Show Call.
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques to increase Ratio through discussion: Habits of Discussion, Turn and Talk, Batch Process.
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques to increase Ratio through questioning: Cold Call, Wait Time.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Attendees who opt to license the materials will receive the video clips discussed at the workshop, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- Talking points for each video clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops are a “Train the Trainer” model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.