To practice is to declare, I can be better. Join facilitators Doug Lemov, Erica Woolway, Katie Yezzi, and Colleen Driggs to gain what we have learned about practice, coaching, and instructional leadership from studying some of the country’s most outstanding teachers and leaders. This workshop builds on the work done in previous Train the Trainer workshops by helping leaders to develop and lead effective practice activities that support teachers in the specific techniques they need in order to improve in the classroom.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Analyze the principles of high-quality practice, including how to deliver high-quality feedback
- Apply the techniques of world-class coaches and leaders through deep practice
- Design, facilitate, and model high-quality training activities to develop teachers
- Evaluate the impact of their practice on performance
- Promote a powerful culture of practice on any team
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Attendees who opt to license the materials will receive the video clips discussed at the workshop, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- Talking points for each video clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop assumes experience with Teach Like a Champion techniques and training. Based on feedback from participants, we strongly encourage that teams have experience attending a Teach Like a Champion workshop prior to attending this workshop. This workshop strengthens the capacity of instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques as well as a practice-based approach to other pedagogical strategies and techniques.
Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers. Professionals from outside the field of education should send us an email inquiry. We will connect with you to discuss if the workshop will meet your needs.