As the school year opens, teachers across the country continue to navigate the brave new world of remote teaching. To ensure that their students continue to progress, teachers and schools must provide rigorous and responsive online lessons.
In this highly interactive 90-minute webinar we’ll share powerful clips from the online classes of real teachers from across the world. Building on the foundation of our introductory webinar, we’ll dig deeper into the logistics of running an engaging and interactive online lesson.
TOPICS WE WILL DISCUSS:
- New examples of implicit, real-time and lagging assessment
- 8 forms of student engagement and participation and how to implement them effectively
- How to build procedures and routines for academic interactions online
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We recommend but do not require that participants take the introductory webinar, Techniques and Principles for Remote Instruction, first.
This will be an interactive session in which we model the engagement techniques gleaned from the classrooms we’ve studied so participants can experience them from a students’ perspective. Please plan to be actively engaged.
As in our regular Train the Trainer workshops, schools will have the option to purchase an Implementation Toolkit License. The school leader will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, including:
- PowerPoint deck used in the webinar
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This webinar is designed for leaders or lead teachers, ideally in teams of two or three who will be responsible for demonstrating and leading training on effective teaching for colleagues at their campus. To ensure access to the greatest number of schools, we ask that schools don’t take all of the seats for a particular session.
For schools, districts, or networks interested in having us train their teams directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details: Name of school(s), dates when you’d want training, # of teachers to be trained.
- Friday, September 18, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Monday, September 21, 3:30-5:00pm EST
- Wednesday, September 23, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Thursday, September 24, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Friday, September 25, 3:00-4:30pm EST
- Monday, September 28, 3:30-5:00pm EST
- Training Fee: $150 per person.
- $200/school for the licensed materials.