Recognizing the difference between “I taught it” and “they learned it” is one of the most important challenges that a teacher faces. Consistently and effectively Checking for Understanding allows teachers to both uncover and respond to student misunderstandings.
Join Doug Lemov and his team to prepare to deliver high quality training on Check for Understanding. Ensuring all students master rigorous content requires that teachers engineer their classrooms to Check for Understanding systematically and effectively. This workshop will train leaders to be able to equip teachers to better expose student misunderstandings intentionally and to respond to error productively.
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- Gathering data effectively through Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques including Reject Self Report, Targeted Questioning, Standardize the Format, Tracking Not Watching, Show Me, and Affirmative Checking.
- Creating a safe and productive environment in which students reveal their misconceptions by creating a Culture of Error via Expect Error, Withhold the Answer, Manage the Tell, and Praise Risk Taking.
- Responding immediately to student misunderstandings through Plan for Error, Excavate Error, and Own and Track.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Attendees who opt to license the materials will receive the video clips discussed at the workshop, as well as additional training materials, including:
- Full description of all techniques, methods, and practice activities covered in the training
- PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- Talking points for each video clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Lesson plans for school-wide and individual PD activities to help leaders train teachers
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops are delivered using a “Train the Trainer” model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 2.0 techniques. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.
Payment must be made in advance for this workshop. The workshop attendance fee is £640.00 per person. Licensing fee is £640.00 per school.